Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Vacation Time

If you were to ask me where I would recommend you to vacation...I would tell you the location doesn't matter but you should DEFINITELY do it on a cruise ship!

But, before we get to that...Kyle and I head off to Vegas this evening to meet up with his family for a few days. We love going to Vegas and we love even more getting to hang out with his family! I'm planning to win enough (since I play so big..ha) to pay off all our bills AND build our church the most amazing building ever. That's a lot of stinkin pennies and nickels I'll be winning!

Ok..back to the cruise.

I have been lucky (no...spoiled) to have gone on cruises the past 3 summers. So, as you would expect, I was completely depressed that we would not be cruising this summer. BUT, we were sooooo very blessed by a guy in our church that works for a travel company that gave away free cruises for pastors. STAFF RETREAT TO THE CARIBBEAN!! Bob, Martha, Dan, Carolyn, Kyle, and I are packing it up and heading to Miami to set sail on a 4-day western caribbean cruise to Key West and Cozumel on the Fascination of the Seas. (Carnival) I always said I would never go on one less than 7 days....but when it's free...oh and did I mention our free upgrade to a balcony suite?!? Nope...not complaining.

Here is me reminiscing about how great my cruises have been:

Summer 2005...Miller family trip with the Chapmans...Rhapsody of the Seas

Best excursion(s): Swimming with stingrays in Grand Cayman & Climbing Dunns River Falls in Jamaica


Summer 2006...Honeymoon with Kyle...Freedom of the Seas (in it's first season...the BIGGEST and the BEST available)

Best excursion: Xcarat in Cozumel (floating down the river)


Summer 2007...Parker family vacation....Liberty of the Seas (brand new..identical to Freedom)

Best excursion: 4-wheelers in rain forest of San Juan, Puerto Rico


And last, but not least....my next cruise:
Kyle and I heard about Royal Caribbean's Genesis Project to come out in 2009 when we were on our honeymoon. It's finally in the making and is scheduled to launch late next year. I'm definitely going to start saving up!!! Click below and check it out!!!! (you will be amazed at what the boats can pack!!)
Oasis of the Seas


That all being said...I will be away from blogging until we return on the 4th. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Vegas and a cruise!!!! Ok, don't worry about blogging, texting, emailing, calling, writing, etc., etc. because I will not be communicating with you for awhile anyway. Needless to say, I am PO.

Dad

P.S. Unless you hit a jackpot, then don't forget about me.

Brooke said...

Haha I agree with Dad. Must be nice to go to Vegas & a cruise 2 summers in a row. I just wanted to go on one or the other, but that didn't happen. My vacation was 3 days in OKC at the Big 12 Baseball Tournament, which was fun, but nothing compared to a cruise or Vegas

Andreia Rice said...

Wow, that ship looks awesome. Dwight and I did an Alaskan Cruise for our honeymoom and we enjoyed it as well. I can't wait to take Natalee on a Disney cruise too!!!

Unknown said...

I hate you.....


the end.