Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

Last week was a week of news...of good...of bad...and of ugly.

The Good: Our dear friend, Jeff Graves, got engaged to his girlfriend, Jenny! We are so excited for him and can't wait to witness him take this special step in his life.

The Bad: One of my sweetest students, Nate, and his family lost everything in a fire. The good thing is that both parents are employed. The bad thing is that they were renting and didn't have renter's insurance so they really lost everything. We are taking donations: monetary, clothes...good used or new, food, house stuff, etc. if anyone is interested in helping out. I have all the clothing sizes if anyone is interested. (he also has 2 younger brothers)
,
The Ugly: A very special and loved person, our Nan, Doralene Parker, got an ugly report from her doctor. She has fought and bravely battled cancer more than once and it has now spread into her brain and is inoperable. I cannot express in appropriate words what I think about cancer...so I will not attempt to. I'll just say it really sucks...and I hate seeing someone deal with the pain and crap that comes with it.

2 comments:

Brooke said...

I didn't know about Jeff, that's AWESOME! I am so excited for him. Let me know what I can do to help your student, surely I can help in some way. I agree with you on the cancer thing. Hope Doshie is doing ok still. I pray for her and all of y'all every day. Can't wait to see you. Love love love!

Andreia Rice said...

Let us know if we can help in any way. Everyone is in our prayers.