Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Memorial Weekend

We kicked off Friday with a cool opportunity to hear about church history & culture in Australia. Bob & Martha met and became very close with Will & Nerida through a church planting coaching network in Atlanta, GA. Will & Nerida are from Australia and have been doing a year residency in America for church planting ideas so they can head back and impact Brisbane in a huge way! The Robbins' had them up for the weekend & they invited the leadership team over to hang out and get to know them. It was really cool hearing about church planting from another point of view...and helped me to realize how much easier we really have it to share Jesus with others, yet we still make excuses. All I gotta say is...Brisbane, get ready!


Saturday we spent the day at the lake with the James' family! Here are my 3 favorite "Griffinisms" of the day, followed by too many pictures:

Griffin: "Emily, can I have a towel?"
Me: "Sure, Griff!" (hand towel from behind/underneath me & place over Griffin's head completely covering him)
Griffin: "This towel smells like poop!"
Me: "It shouldn't smell like poo! It's clean!"
Griffin: "Yeah, but you were sittin on it!"

During this arrangement on the tubes:

Griffin: "Kyle's a weiner!!"
Kyle: "I'm gonna splash you!!"
Griffin: "No I didn't say that! I said 'Kyle's a winner!' Griffin and Ashley suck! Kyle rocks! Griffin and Ashley suck! Kyle rocks!"

After Kyle hit a wave and came down saying "Ohhhhhhh..."
Griffin: "Kyle, did you get your tenders?"











The End:

1 comment:

Brooke said...

Oh how I love those James' kids (and their parents too)! I wish I could have been at the lake with y'all. Looks like y'all had a great time!