Monday, May 7, 2007

a fresh adventure

We are moving to Edwardsville, Illinois!!!!!! This is a very exciting adventure for us. Kyle is about to be the youth minister of LifePoint!! (check out the LifePoint link on the right to see the church) We are fully confident that God wants to do some amazing things through us and strengthen our faith in an unbelievable way. It is far away from "home" and we know there will be tough times, but we know that God is faithful. Also, the people we will be joining are awesome and we know we will be taken care of. The pastor of the church, Bob Robbins, is a long-time friend and mentor of Kyle. He was his JH and HS youth minister and they have kept in touch and worked together throughout the years. His wife, Martha, and two kids, DJ & Emmy, are amazing as well! I cannot even begin to express how much their love and support has meant to us. Also, the leadership team that launched LifePoint has made us feel welcome from the very beginning. Their hard work and excitement has been such an encouragement. We cannot wait to start building relationships with students and watch God do powerful things!!!

So I wanted to keep some sort of journal as Kyle and I started this fresh adventure...and well...I went to pick up wedding pics and Lissa really twisted my arm (or maybe just suggested it) and here I am with a blog! Hopefully I won't neglect it...I promise to try hard.

Oh....and Edwardsville is about 15 miles east of St. Louis.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You forgot to mention that your big sis will only be moving 2 hours away too! So that helps moving away from "home"! I love you both and can't wait for us to be up there together!

Anonymous said...

Kyle and Emily,
I know that you two will be blessed by this move. I know that it is going to be hard for both you and your parents as you move on to this new part of your lives. Remember that we are just a drive away. I pray for you guys everyday and will include a prayer for you move.
Love,Misty

Anonymous said...

I am ready for a new post! How about everyone else - don't you think it is time for another post?