Sunday, July 1, 2007

Our New Home

Today was our first Sunday at LifePoint and everyone was so nice and made us feel so welcome. We are excited about getting things kicked off with the youth! The truck finally made it last Friday afternoon and with the help of some wonderful LifePoint people we were able to unload it and get things to storage. For those of you that don't know, Kyle and I decided to stay with Bob & Martha in their basement for awhile until I get a job and everything settles down. Almost every house in this area comes with a finished or unfinished basement and they are usually huge. The Robbins' basement has almost the same square footage as the rest of their house. So...while some of you may think living in a basement would not be fun at all...our little area is quite impressive! I posted pictures below...but they really don't do it justice. It looks really cool and is great for us! We are using about half of the basement and have a living area, bedroom, walk-in closet, and a huge storage area. Very cool.

Our bedroom is big enough for our loveseat and chair!

This is our walk-in closet. It is kind of a mess right now...but you get the idea! I love the beams in the basement...I have never had so much room to hang up clothes to dry in my life!! It's wonderful!

Here is our living room and JoJo's house. Kyle's office is also located in the living room. I let the boys keep playing to prove that the youth like us so far...or atleast our PlayStation2.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks like fun! I pray that you find a good job soon and that you guys can then get your own home so you can make it your own. I'm so glad you have great friends that are allowing you this time. It also will help to make your friendship grow closer, hopefully. :) I know how you and Kyle can be, so it might make them not want to be your friends. :)haha
We will be keeping up with you guys.
Lova ya loads! Laurie

Brooke said...

Wow, it does look nice, I am impressed. I see that DJ has made the switch to the PS2...now he can compete against others, and always win--no fair! Can't wait to see it tonight when I get there! Love you!

MJH said...

How exciting to get started on such an adventure!! The pictures are great and make me know you are being watched over by our heavenly father. Keep the info coming.
Love to you both,
Janie

Anonymous said...

Emily...
Great to hear from you. Glad the truck made it and things are settling down. I will be praying for you and Kyle. Let me know when you find a teaching job. I'll be praying that God finds the perfect spot for you to teach. I'll also be praying for Kyle and the church youth. I know you all will do a great job!
Linda Hall