Thursday, August 16, 2007

Life is good...and crazy.

This past week has been exciting, eventful, crazy, fun, stressful, joyful, scary, and definitely praise-worthy. Two very significant events occurred:

1 – Kyle and I celebrated our 1st anniversary this past Sunday! woohoo…love you dude.
2 – I got a teaching job! hooray

Event #2 is why I am just now updating everyone. Here’s the rundown of the past week:

Friday: A wonderful lady from our church calls to tell me about a 7th grade math job on her floor available. Paperwork and connections = interview for Monday.

Saturday: Mike McDougal came from Lubbock to visit the Robbins’ & took us to the Cardinal’s game. I find a new favorite baseball player…Ankiel.

Sunday: Kyle and I went to St. Louis for our anniversary. We stayed at the Millenium and ate at The Melting Pot. (a cool fondue restaurant) We had a great time!

Monday: Straight from St. Louis to the interview. 4:41pm…I miss a call from the human resource guy and begin to freak out because there is no way to return his call.

Tuesday: 10:00am…I become a 7th grade math teacher at Alton Middle School. (about 25 min. away) WOOHOO

Wednesday: 8:00am…I start school. (inservice anyway)

And I have been there all day for the past two days. Frantically trying to put a room together. (Good: It’s huge, Bad: It’s cold and old looking.) Making many trips to Target, WalMart, and Big Lots. Kids come Monday.

BUT, God is so good. It wasn’t that long ago that I was struggling with this situation and allowing God to be in control. And look what happened when I gave it up. Amazing.

7 comments:

Brooke said...

So the pictures from St. Louis are amazing. Typical picture of the fat kid eating...haha j/k Kyle...I really do LOVE you. If it weren't for you I would starve with the rest of the family on Weight Watchers. I am SUPER excited about your job and can't wait to see you this weekend so that we can get stuff ready for your first days of teaching! It is simply amazing how God works :) Love you!
P.S. Kyle I will try to do better about posting. We have been in volleyball for 9 days and 8 days of 2-a-days and one day off. Basically my life is boring so you aren't missing out on much...but I am fixing to start traveling so hopefully it gets exciting.

Anonymous said...

Hey, dear, I love your blog. Keeps me informed and I love the pics you put on. (Nice pic of Kyle!)Can't wait 'til next week when Dad and I get to visit. I know you are frantic about your new job! Hang in there! The 1st few days are the worst, but then you will become an old pro!! Brooke, the experienced math teacher, can help you!! I am really excited about your new job. I know your room will look great because you are very creative and a greater decorator!

Just think about the comma in your check!! haha
Love,
Mom

Paul said...

Congratulations on all fronts! I think I lost a bet regarding your first anniversary -- Ha! We love you both! You are going to be an AMAZING 7th grade math teacher.

MJH said...

What an answer to prayer!!! Congratulations on your first anniversary and the new teaching job. Lucky kids to have you for a teacher. I really enjoy reading about you. Keep up the posting.

Anonymous said...

It will all be ok and the kids don't even care about our rooms, but we sure do. :)
I've been working hard too and I had more than a couple of days to get ready, but that wasn't so 7 years ago. :)
I will be praying for you and I know you will be a great teacher and the kids and staff will adore you.
Congrats on the anniversary too, I knew it, I just forgot to send anything. Tell Kyle we are still glad he is a part of the fam!
Love, Laurie

Anonymous said...

Your Uncle Jerry and I ditto all the excitment from others. And yes God is good and awesome. Wish we were close enough to help you get some things ready, but then again you have Speedy Gonzales coming to your rescue. I'm glad you two got to do something special for your anniversary. It sounds like a nice place. Aunt Wanda

Anonymous said...

I'm not a big baseball fan but the story on Ankiel is great.
Hope you had a great anniversary and congrats on the job.
See ya soon!

Dad