Monday, September 10, 2007

2 Week Update

It appears that a two-week update may be the trend for awhile. I am starting to get a little caught up in school work...maybe by next weekend I will be there. We shall see.

Not much exciting has been going on for me at school. Everything is still going good...kids wear me out a little, but again, I don't have much to complain about. I learn something new everyday. Most of the time it is the hard way...or a little late for the situation. The whole management thing (time, kids, etc.) is usually the origin of my daily lessons. Today I took on an extra duty...student council. It should be interesting and I think it will be fun once I get caught up with myself. My assistant principle asked me to do it because they needed someone from each house to sponser. I'm just hoping I don't have to do tooooooo much extra stuff. I know how it is in small towns...and my mom is going to tell me I'm crazy! I'm hoping a stipend might be involved. I was supposed to get paid today...a half check anyway. But it hasn't gone through...all that excitement for nothing. Maybe tomorrow. Other news: Our HS has had a bomb threat two school days in a row. Last Friday and today. Craziness. Hopefully our JH kids don't think it is "cool" and begin to do such a thing.

On to Kyle and the youth. Things are great. I told you two weeks ago that he and Bob were speaking. They did a great job and it has been awesome to see the response! Basically at the end they told people they could help with time, treasures, and talents. God has done some awesome things and it's exciting seeing other people want to help out and be so pumped up for the youth. Basically, the church has been wonderful to us! And Kyle is doing a great job!

And finally...Kyle's parents did visit us that same weekend they spoke. It was great to get to see them! Having family two weekends in a row was a very special treat!!! Kyle also left and went to Texas to watch Kevin play football. He got to eat Leal's, see everyone in Plainview, AND watch football. I'm not jealous. Or bitter.

5 comments:

Paul said...

We were talking about that this weekend driving in from Arlington. We wondered if Kyle was going to eat at Chicken Express, too. SO GLAD to hear you are not bitter!

Anonymous said...

Student Council???? You're young - you can handle it!! haha Stipends are good....but, either way, you are helping for the "good of the kids", and they are going to love you!! Jealous, bitter??? NO - not you, of course. Oh, by the way, did Kyle tell you that Dad and I ate Chicken Express last Friday night? Thought about you - haha!
Love,
Mom

Brooke said...

I wish our family would quit rubbing Chicken Express in our faces. Maybe they should send us some. Or maybe even buy into the franchise and build one up here. Student Council huh? Hopefully that will be a positive experience. I am still jealous Kyle got to go home and watch football and eat good Mexian food. I am definitely craving some. It's just not the same up here. Kinda scary about the bomb threats, hopefully they will stay out of the middle school. I can't believe about the bomb threat at Wayland this morning. SCARY!!! Hope to see you soon! Love you! HI KYLE!

Anonymous said...

You may be sarcastic but at least your not jealous or bitter!

Hope the 1/2 check comes soon!

Love,
Dad

MJH said...

When you combine teaching math, sponsoring student council, supporting your minister husband, and reflecting Christ's love your cup is overflowing!!! Take care of yourself and enjoy!!!