Saturday, October 27, 2007

I never know what to put here...

So here is a quick update! Everything has been crazy lately...I guess that is always the excuse! But seriously, I have never had time fly by like it has since this past August. Everything has been a BLUR!

We made an offer on the older house. (house #1) So far things aren't going as we would have hoped. They made a counter offer but it was pretty far off. SOOO...basically we are going to give them our best and if they don't take it...see ya. A relocation company has the casa now so it sort of mixes things up! I'm a little disappointed, but there are a few other houses out there very similar we may take a look at before pursuing House #2. Right now I am working on patience and trusting that God has the perfect place out there. Add that with the fact that Bob is doing a series over the 7 deadly sins and the past two weeks have been greed and envy...thanks a lot. haha It is crazy how God works out even the smallest details in our lives!

Other events recently...we went to a JH conference this weekend. It was great to hang out with the youth and I think they had a blast! It is so cool to see their hearts take a positive step towards God! I have to admit it was a stretch for me to spend an extra day with middle school children...they are HIGH energy, drama, and excitement ALL the time. But it was worth it in the end! Every Wednesday I am amazed by their knowledge and wisdom. They are awesome kids!

FYI...if you need a good example of what JH girls are like...look on the right in my links and click on "The Pursuit - Paul Irby"...then watch the video...enough said.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck on the house hunting again. I know it is frustrating and don't settle for just anything. The right one will come along. Have you looked at the "Sold as Is" house??

Love,
Momma Nece

Anonymous said...

Working with JH kids has to add stars in your crown. Keep up the good work. Someone needs to do it. I'm glad it's you and not me. I think I really develop patience and understanding over my career, but never enough to effectively work with that age group.

Love,
Dad

Anonymous said...

Hey, r u ranking on my daughter and her friends??????
They sure do have lots of energy and I'm getting too old for it, but I'm trying to be a COOL mom. :)
I'm sorry about the house thing, but you know how frustrated we got when we were looking, so just know that when the time is perfect, the perfect house will be there for you. Good luck in the process and as my friend says, "God is good all the time; all the time, God is good! " I love that saying and she says it everytime one of us is struggling. It's what got her through her husband leaving for Iraq the week after their wedding for 18 months.
Love ya! Laurie

Anonymous said...

In regards to the house hunting, hang in there. God has a way of opening doors. No matter what house you end up with it, it will soon become "Home".

Coming from a parent of a JH kid ... we appreciate you! It's good to know that you guys are there for them. This truly is the hardest time for them. They're not quite a child and not quite a teenager. Both of you are someone that these kids will look up to for years to come.

Keep up the awesome work ... and we're glad you're here.

Tammie

Paul said...

JH ROCKS!!!! I just have to keep telling myself that until I believe it... I LOVE Middle School drama!!!!... I LOVE being seen as increasingly stupid in the eyes of my daughter!!

We'll be praying for you and Kyle about the whole house stuff. Patience young one... patience.