Sunday, November 4, 2007

NEW HOUSE

Well, all the numbers worked out and we ended up being able to make an acceptable offer on House #1. SO….they have accepted it verbally and we are just waiting for all the paperwork to be faxed back and forth and the house is ours! Right now the closing date is on or before 11/29, but we are hoping to be in by Thanksgiving. I am super excited!!! Today we did the inspection and it went really well. He told us it was near perfect and the only thing he could remember that would make the front page of needs attention now was some GFCI or something like that…I know that is not right…but it was some plug-in thingy. All I heard was it was a $5, 20 minute fix. Also, all the breaker thing was wired perfectly…which he said happens about 1 in 100 times. We were really impressed with the inspector and his news!

Meanwhile, I have been debating over the important stuff. Like what colors I want to paint. I want the colors to flow nicely through the house. I would prefer a neutral beige color with some deep red, pumpkin orange, celery or sage green…etc. Kind of fall like colors. BUT, I am coming to terms with the fact that we cannot fix everything in the house at once. It will be a work in progress. And the hideous blue swirl bathroom countertops and tiling and the blue carpet aren’t top priorities. Therefore, I have decided to give that color scheme up and go with one that incorporates the blues and hopefully makes them work. Then, once we get the stuff fixed…we repaint if necessary. J (don’t tell Kyle that part yet) Anyway, I found a color scheme I think I may go by for now. It has a beige, deep red, a light blue, a darker blue, and then just a white. I am thinking the beige will be throughout most of the house. The red somewhere in the kitchen. And the lighter blue in the living room (maybe). I do like the dark brown, light brown, and light blue together. But I am hoping to get a rug that will allow me to add other accented colors. I know light blue is a “cool” color, but I am hoping this shade will still feel welcoming. All you good decorating people out there, let me know your opinions!!
Here is a picture that includes the three colors I would probably use from the scheme. The table and chair in front of the blue wall is very similar to the colors of our furniture.

That’s all for now! I will try my best to keep everyone updated...your job is to start making plans to visit!!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

You can't do it all at once. Been there....tried that. But you are off during the summer and you could come here and we could paint 2 rooms here, then we could fly back to your place and paint and do stuff there. how does that sound? i'm excited for you guys!

Brooke said...

What happened to repainting the hosue in 3 days???? I am glad that you have come to terms with everything not being perfect right away. Our last volleyball game is the 24th, then we find out if we make the tournament or not. I will keep you updated. I should have Thanksgiving day off. Do you know y'alls plans?? I am so excited that y'all got the house y'all wanted. Love you!

Doug said...

SWEET! I'm really excited for you two... (Of course I'm out of town on any weekend you are planning on moving... :-) (Uhhh - OK, I can't back that up... I'll be there to help... with bells on!)

bh said...

way to go! let us know if you need help!

Anonymous said...

...and I can come and just visit?? haha

Love,
Momma Nece

Anonymous said...

I'm very excited for you guys and I wish you all the luck in the world with your new adventure. Just remember, paint can always be redone, it just takes time and money. :)
Love you guys and keep us updated. We sure are going to miss you on Thanksgiving, but look forward to Christmas!
Love you both! Laurie

Anonymous said...

I'm excited for you and Kyle and the new house, along with the job. Sounds like things are looking up for you. Happy Belated Birthday.

Love you
Janice