Friday, February 29, 2008

decisions...decisions...decisions...

My goal for the weekend is to complete our house. (well besides the things that cost major money) This comes with decision-making...which is NOT a strength of mine. Anyway, I've been working on our living room for awhile...and have changed it 9.2 million times (seriously...ask Kyle) and I just haven't been able to find something that works for me. My problem is I watch HGTV too much and ideally I would like to have a $5000 budget to do whatever I want. I don't forsee that happening, so I am calling on you guys for help. Which means....I NEED COMMENTS FROM ALL!!!!!!!

Here's the deal...I think I have everything meshing together, not too busy, and in a state I am satisfied with. Except one wall. So, I need everyone to look at the photos below and tell me what you think looks best. OR give suggestions for new ideas. The key to remember is....EXTREMELY small budget. (Kyle would say $0)




Here's my thoughts.




While we are making decisions....which one here too. (The construction paper would be the clock shown in the other pictures if I were to take it off the other wall)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just have one thing to say to your blog - Elizabeth and I ......

Love,
Mom

bh said...

i like the construction paper clock.... leave it!

Brooke said...

Good grief, how many times are you going to change that wall? I personally like the picture on the TV. I am glad Elizabeth and you were productive in Mom's class. Her comment is funny! I kinda like the clock by the TV just so you can see the time in comparison to the TV, but that's just my opinion, I guess if it's by the chair it's fine too. Sorry this is AFTER the weekend. See you Wednesday night!

Paul said...

I really like the first picture. It's not too busy and the varrying shapes of the accents give it a nice look. The other options just look too bare. You've gone from one extreme (collage squenched) to the other (fanning out accents). The first picture is a good balance.

The only problem is the round clock [construction paper picture] looks really good there, too.

My advice is get another round accent and add it where the construction paper is.

I agree with Brooke on clock and t.v. combo.

Unknown said...

You gotta be kidding me!!!!!!!! this is so like you!
I got two words for you....HIGH mmmmmmm..........
love ya

Doug said...

Picture 3 in the first group. I like the distance between the frames, yet in theme it is still tied together nicely. In the second set of pics, I like the rectangle frame better than the clock.