Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day

Since Kyle and I can't spend Mother's Day with our moms, I thought I could dedicate a blog to them. (and, of course, it would ruin my reputation to have a card arrive on time)

I hereby dedicate this blogarooney to Nece Miller & Valinda Parker!!!
It's official.


Getting married has made me appreciate this holiday more than I ever thought.
Here are the top 3 reasons why.

1 - My mom worked her butt off to make our lives comfortable. I completely took advantage of having someone basically do everything for me. Laundry, clean, cook, drive me places, wait on me when I took my precious time, support me, love me, and actually still LIKE me despite receiving no thanks or help from me. Now that I have a house and a husband...I realize just how hard this work is. Kyle is definitely more appreciative and helpful than I was as a kid, but there is still hard work involved! (and we don't even have kids yet) So thanks Mom...you are super woman...and you deserve to beat me for all those times I needed a shirt the next AM and told you at 10pm. :)

2 - Besides marrying a super, duper, wonderful husband, I also inherited an amazing second Mom. I could not ask for a more accepting, loving, and supporting mother-in-law. She has taken me in like I am her own and spoiled me way too much. She has instilled into Kyle the same values, beliefs, and importance for family that I received growing up. So thanks Mom...you are an indescribable blessing in my life.

3 - Getting married brings on new challenges as we pursue our journey as one. We cannot even imagine how difficult it has been for our moms to have us move away. For that, we are grateful and greatly respect them. So thanks Moms...we deeply miss spending time with both of you, but we thank you for allowing us to pursue the path we know is right.

We love you both and can't wait to see you!!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

(martha is talking!) That blog is so cool! I have to say, knowing both of your moms, they did an amazing job on their kids! We sure are glad they had Kyle and Emily! And they are both "hot" moms! I hope I grow up like that!

Liss and MOMMY said...

your mother's day blog beat mine...

Brooke said...

So you totally showed me up this Mother's Day. I actually didn't send Mom a card and have no excuse. I just never got around to it, and you know that NEVER happens, but I guess there is a first time for everything. I just sent Mom an email and she wrote back this sappy note how I don't have money to spend on a card and how the email means so much more because it came from the heart. Love you loads!

Doug said...

Another $1 for the cry jar.....