Wednesday, May 21, 2008

WARNING: This story may reveal God's greatness

This post is a follow up to help you understand why the song meant so much to me. I knew someday this post would come, but I would have NEVER guessed it would be only a few days later.

To make a long, complicated, frustrating story short...in late April I found out that I was going to have to take 18 hours this summer to continue teaching math at the middle school. (basically they made a huge mistake) I had already signed a contract so if I couldn't get it done then I was going to be a permanent sub until I completed everything and a job came open, or I had to find another job. Finding teaching jobs here is NOTHING like finding them in Texas.

I had been trying to trust God but seemed to spend most of my time freaking out.
Sunday: Spent my day begging God to help me surrender it FULLY to Him.
Monday: It felt 110% in God's hands and I heard encouraging words from our regional office of education about the options.
Tuesday: My boss called me in and told me a PE teacher quit the day before at the middle school and they were moving me into that position!!!!!!!!

You tell me that is not a God thing, and I'll kick you in your teeth. (or punch you in the throat if you prefer the Pastor Bob method)

I am in total awe and praise of God's work. If I hadn't gone through all the junk, I would have never had an opportunity at the PE position. They would NEVER allow a math teacher to move to PE without tenure because the math position is harder to fill.

Part 2 - What If Questions

When I first found out I wasn't quite as excited as I am now. I was asking too many what if questions. (mainly because I am very comfortable where I am)
What if the administrators in that part of the MS or horrible?
What if I don't like the other PE teachers? Or their just weird?
What if she quit because the program is horrible?
What if I have to teach field hockey and completely screw it up?
And yesterday I realized I was asking all the wrong what-if questions. They needed to be...
What if I meet incredible, godly people?
What if I find someone searching for a church home or an unspeakable joy?
What if I love it even more?
What if I get to wear sweats EVERYDAY?

Whatever situation you're in, whatever change you're going through...ask the right "what if" questions.
AND PRAISE GOD for His plan that is bigger than us!!

4 comments:

Brooke said...

I am so excited for you. Mom sent me a text message right after you called her. Wearing sweats everyday is nice, but there will be a time when you just wanna wear jeans or actually dress up. Love you!

bh said...

nice!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, that trusting God thing. Who knew?

My mantra is "Worry means I'm not trusting God". If I say it enough, maybe I'll truly let go and just DO it.

Congrats!!

Doug said...

WHAT IF... What if God has asked you to play a different role in His story because YOU will be the catalyst that changes a life... or many lives....