Sunday, August 24, 2008

Gas Prices

I was a part of one of the coolest things I've ever done in a church. LifePointers spent their morning at the MotoMart in Edwardsville buying down gas by 25 and 50 cents. Gas prices are such a stress now-a-days and it was awesome to get to surprise the community with a blessing! I have to admit...going and talking to the people is so out of my comfort zone and I didn't do so well at it but it was cool to see how our own people were so willing to help and receive nothing in return. Giving is so fun!

What are some random acts of kindness you can do this week?

5 comments:

Brooke said...

I love the new background. I don't think I ever saw that one. What y'all did for the community this morning was awesome!

Unknown said...

(martha talking!) I totally agree! It was a blast to watch our LifePointers LOVE GOD and LOVE PEOPLE! You did a great job getting out of your comfort zone! Your blog makeover is cool, you need to teach me how to do that computer stuff!

jodi said...

Although some guy paid me to just leave him alone, it was really cool to be part of such an awesome event!!

Paul said...

Very cool and innovative idea! Just like the laundry mission last year. I'm sure you did great getting out of your comfort zone.

Liss and MOMMY said...

Our church is going to try We are the Sermon 'WATS' in a couple of weeks. We are going out into the community and helping out. Can't wait to see how it goes.