Thursday, September 4, 2008

Labor Day and School

Kyle and I flew out Friday afternoon and spent the entire weekend with his family and the Brumleys' at Lake Texoma. It was a-mazing. It didn't hurt that Mike got a brand new pontoon boat that is perfect for laying out and relaxing!! (unfortunately I forgot to take my camera) I also learned to wakeboard...woohoo! (my back is still feeling the effects of that...I feel old) It felt like summer should still be here. It was SOOO hard going back to school on Tuesday...so I decided next year we just don't need to start until after Labor Day.

As far as school goes...my move to PE has been good so far. The planning and preparing is 100x easier than math. The classroom management is 80x harder than math. I'm just ready to get through the period of "learning" the students and get into a routine! I dislike that beginning stage. I have still been keeping myself plenty busy with college classes and other stuff...but I plan on posting an update from the book Breaking Free by Beth Moore soon! :)

2 comments:

Brooke said...

SO in the midst of your trying to convince me that you were at the game last weekend and not at the lake, you didn't tell me that Mike actually bought a new boat. That's awesome! Sounds like y'all had a great time. I'm very jealous, I was hanging out in Utah in a volleyball gym all weekend...not exciting at all. No lake, no football game, it pretty much stunk. Maryland is pretty, especially their campus. The Comcast Center is amazing, I'll post pics later. And how do you forget your camera?? I guess I rarely leave home without mine. Glad to hear PE is going a little better. Miss you & love you!

Brooke said...

Hey....you're not perfect, nobody is, get busy on those quirks