Thursday, November 12, 2009

Put that in your pipe & smoke it!

I officially broke my record this morning....$52 of groceries for $8.12. That's right...eight dollars and twelve cents!! AAAAANNNNNDDDD I got $5 back for my next trip! Here's what I got:

I know what you're saying. "But Emily, there is so much there I don't need or wouldn't normally buy."

Let me explain. I am so stocked up on groceries (not ever going over $40 & staying around $25 the last few weeks) that all I really "needed" for next week was the water, bananas, Sweet-n-Low, and shredded cheese. These items would've cost me $7.78 if I would've bought them on their own....on sale. So why not spend $0.34 more & get all this plus $5 back?!?! Plus they had the 3lbs frozen chicken & 5lbs ham on sale for $5...great time to stock up! (plus I had a $1Q for the ham)

Here's how I did it. I try to only go to Shop-n-Save when they are doing their $10 off $50 Thursdays. (happens frequently) On average I spend about $22-$26 for $50 worth of groceries. Last week I spent $23 & got back a $15Q that expires on 11/17. Well, this Thursday was my only option to pair it with the $10off$50. I also had a $5 off $50Q in the Entertainment book.

So...I immediately was able to take off $30 & I had about $14 in Q. The Pillsbury items were the ones that gave me the $5 back...and I'm going bake them & put the items in our youth snack bar to try to prevent mine & Kyle's own fatness...:)

2 comments:

Liss and MOMMY said...

Very impressive, Cody and I both say!!

Brooke said...

Holy cow that's a lot of Pillsbury stuff....maybe you should move closer to me and help me make desserts every week! BTW, the coaches & boys say thanks for the cookies. I took them in on Monday and I think all but a couple were gone before practice today. Food does not last long around there. Love you!