Saturday, February 20, 2010

Proud Teacher

Many of you know that last year I was willing to beat my head against the wall everyday rather than teach another year of PE. Luckily, this year I've learned that it was the batch of students I had more than PE itself that made the year soooo miserable! :) For the most part, I have a great bunch of students this year. It makes it sooo much more fun when I can participate with the kids. I've also really got to know some of the students since I've had them 2 years in a row now....and a majority of them play on the boys 8th grade basketball team. I am sooooo proud of them for winning 3rd in the state this year! (All you Texans...yes, I know it is a little ridiculous we have playoffs in middle school!)

I decided to brave the fan bus to attend the 3rd place game so we could have extra support. We took about 60 students...and let's just say the ride back was the craziest thing I've ever been a part of! One of those things you hear about but you never think it will actually happen to you!! Well, I made it. I almost committed murder...or at least assaulted some people....but I kept myself under control. Anyway, it was soooo worth supporting these guys:



Mrs. Nicolet & I with our faves....their true colors:

Wil making his *almost* half-court shot at end of 3rd quarter...I always yell at him for practicing this shot in my Intramurals class instead of other shots...so he was sure to let me know it paid off!

My all-time favorite student Keshon!!

My favorite 7th grader, LaVonte, who refused to move out of my way to take a team picture until I took one with him

Our fans that kept me sane on our bus ride home!

2 comments:

Brooke said...

Looks like a great bunch of boys. Just like I commented on my post, there are a few who make it so worth it everyday! That's why we continue to teach all the other crazies. Glad you had a few to keep you sane....STILL WAITING ON MY PHONE CALL. :)

Paul said...

"Home of the Potters"????? That's one mascot I've never heard of. Your state is weird.

Glad you had this great experience and the boys had you out there supporting them.

One day I may post on my blog again.