Monday, June 7, 2010

SUMMMMMEEEEERRRRR

I'm in love with summer.

Kyle and I had a great Memorial Day weekend by making our first trip to the lake with the James family. I just enjoyed a little boat time while Kyle had to go out and pick on all the kids!
Kyle & Griffin

Kyle being a pain & sprayin water

Girls vs. Boys

Dawson making sure we know who won!


I'm even more in love with this summer because for the first time in three summers I am not totally stressed about my job. Even though I'm not going on a cruise or to Vegas this year (tear) it is sooooo nice not being worried about what the next year holds. I had a WONDERFUL year of teaching and can't believe I've already been in it for 3 years! I'm hoping next year that I will CHOOSE to have a great year even if I don't have great classes!

It was really hard saying goodbye to my 8th graders. There were some great mentor-like relationships built this year. It's been fun to encourage them and have "real-life" talks with them that will help guide them in high school. I cannot describe in words the joy I have felt from meeting some of their parents & them being so thankful for the positive impact (hopefully!) we have made. Teaching is tough, but it's so rewarding!

Love this kid. Even wished me a Happy Mother's Day for bein like a mom to him. *tear*

Our boys. Intramurals will never be the same.

Hannah and Addison. Addy is my special kid...can't wait to watch her grow up!


Don't I look like I fit right in with these ganstas?! (talent show day)

Look how much Keshon & Rasheen changed from 6th to 8th!! Love these boys!!

They are on opposite sides in this one:

No comments: