Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Driftwood Dwellers

Well...........big news...........woohoo........finally!

Kyle and I officially have our own home!!! We signed the papers after school today!! I guess I could say we are officially in debt...but I'm looking on the positive side because I am soooo excited to get that place painted and our stuff in it.

Meanwhile, I just feel extremely overwhelmed. It didn't seem like any work at all...just a little paint...until now. Now it is ours. Now the work has to be done. I'm basically freaking out. Our basement is still a wreck. Nothing really packed up. And...we leave tomorrow AM for Oklahoma. Which I am super pumped about. It will be good for our souls to see family. Plus, Valinda (Kyle's mom) will be coming back with us and staying for the week AND my parents are coming up for several days! YAY!

The past week has been hectic. I had a workshop on Wednesday & Thursday after school. (I signed up for the $100 stipend...yes!) Then I had to get ready for my first sub ever because I had a conference on Friday and Saturday. It went from 8-8:30 Friday and 8-4 Saturday!! It was long...draining...bad chairs....bad food...and we had to spend the night. Despite my HORRIBLE attitude about the whole ordeal, it DRASTICALLY changed my view about social justice/racism. It was an eye opener to say the least. I was so excited to post about it....but time ran away....I will try sometime after the house settles.

So for now...woohoo we have a house. Due to Thanksgiving, house moving, and everything in between....who knows when my next post will be! What's new?!?!

5 comments:

bh said...

congrats!

MJH said...

Congratulations!!! I am very excited for you and Kyle. Take you vitamins and enjoy!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I'm excited.

Doug said...

SOOO excited for you!!! By the way, I'm out of town when you are moving.... whenever that is... :-)

Keith and Amy said...

Yay! Congrats you two crazy kids! That is exciting. Hey... will y'all send us your new address??? Thanks!