Monday, December 31, 2007

Puppies & Kitchens

We made it home safely! If you missed the previous post you should DEFINITELY look to see the new pooch.
We did make a stop in Elk City, OK to pick up our dogs. They got to stay at their original home for a few days! I got to see my first Shar Pei as a small puppy. Her name is Sassy...and she is ADORABLE. Just this previous Thursday she found a home for her. Thank goodness. Otherwise she would be sitting in my lap right now as I type to you!!!! She is sort of unique because she is a "bear coat". This is considered a fault in the dog showing world because it reflects a chow chow mix from centuries ago. (the longer hair) But DANG SHE IS CUTE! You can't deny it.



The dogs enjoyed sleeping the entire ride!

And finally...here are pics of how our kitchen has progressed. It looked 100% better after painting and decorating. Now...it is empty!! Kyle surprised me by choosing for our Christmas to each other to be new tile. (and possibly new countertops) It will look even better SOON! Thanks to the James' brothers for all their help tearing everything out!!!
Original:
Updated:
Current:

4 comments:

bh said...

i love the ultra-furry wrinkles on the puppy...

good luck with the kitchen! i'd offer my services if i had any skills in that area... definitely not.

Unknown said...

Dang Gina....you guys got some work ahead of you! Hope you had a good Christmas! Miss ya!

Brooke said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!! I was not aware of the kitchen revamping...I knew y'all were getting tile, but didn't realize everything was missing....looks like everyone worked hard and JUST KIDDING, we aren't done. I love Sassy...but I think it's good you don't have 3 dogs.

Anonymous said...

The puppy was cute, but glad she found another home. I agree with Brooke that you don't need 3 dogs. :)
The kitchen looks GREAT and I know you guys are going to be so proud to get the house all fixed up the way you want it. It will be lots of work, but it will bring you great joy to see the finishing touches.
Love ya and miss ya!
Laurie