Thursday, January 17, 2008

Youth Happenings

So brief, belated updated of Christmas. We had a GREAT time in Texas!!! It was sooooo wonderful to spend an entire week with the families! PLUS I got to eat at Chicken Express, Leal's, Tokyos, AND El Camino. And we were way too spoiled as usual.

Our kitchen is now fully tiled....a picture to come soon once we get the trim all put back in. It looks awesome!! Kyle, Greg, and Doug did a great job!!

Most importantly....Driven Student Ministries has fired up full force since school has started back. This past Wednesday Kyle kicked off the "All In" series with the students. It goes along with the "All In" series the church is doing. I am SUPER excited about the whole thing! Everything is related to poker and going all in and the parallels to our relationship with God. This week we talked about the fears that keep us from going all in...and man...it's worth a whole blog how this has been transforming my life!! The youth band made their first appearance on Wed. and rocked the house! Our JH kids seem so fired up every week...it's awesome!! We also started a high school Lifegroup at our house on Thursday nights and this week was the 2nd week. We had 8 HS students and 4 leaders here and we had a blast hanging out!! I love to see the excitement and drive in all of the JH and HS kids that are getting involved. My extended family will be happy to know that we played Cranium...and have broken it in quite well since we received it.

OHHHHHH...and I almost forgot. Kyle also made his singing debut at LifePoint last Sunday. Since we were talking about fears....and going all in....Kyle sang "Live Like You Were Dying" by Tim McGraw. He did awesome! Who knew he was a country singer?!

Checkout the All In promo video:
http://www.youtube.com/v/GRFjpgTO9oE&rel=1&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="373">

5 comments:

Paul said...

I want a video of Kyle's song!

Doug said...

WOOHOOOOO... I'm so proud of you you little blogger! 12 at the lifegroup! SWEET! Continue to rock the world you two!!

Anonymous said...

Cranium is an easy game the best I remember or maybe it was our opponent that was easy.

Excited to hear about your hs group. I know it will be rewarding to both them and you.

Dad

bh said...

tim mcgraw sighting!

Brooke said...

So I'm a little sad that I still haven't gotten to play Cranium....apparently the family does all the fun stuff without me these days :( Sounds awesome about the HS youth, I wish I lived closer so I could experience all these things. Paul, Kyle's song was impressive. I wasn't at church that Sunday, but heard him sing it both Friday & Saturday nights at the church!