Saturday, February 16, 2008

Making Me Smile...and laugh

Just thought I'd post a few things that have made me smile (and laugh) this week. Appreciate the moments that you feel loved by God and others. Appreciate the humor in life.

- Staying up until after midnight on a school night to watch a great movie, The Bucket List, with great people, Vange James & Jodi Nesbit.
- Watching Kyle fall off the stage when trying to greet a new person at youth. hahahahaha
- Receiving Valentine cards with sweet messages from my students.
- Hearing little Griffin (see below in bright yellow snow hat) state his argument to Kyle, "See how there is no hair in the front and some in the back...that is too my dad!"
- Hearing that my dad took my mom to dinner & a movie for Valentine's day.
- Finally getting all of our boxes unpacked from the garage. Woohoo! (still much to be done)
- Knowing that I get a 3 day weekend.
- Getting a Southwest gift card in the mail from Kyle's parents.
- Finally going a full day without a headache. (thanks to Bob I'm attempting to give up caffeine for lent. Hey Bob...you should totally take that as a compliment. Your lessons and words greatly move me to action each week...it just usually is tough stuff that pushes me....so I like to blame you..it makes it easier. haha thanks!)

4 comments:

Brooke said...

These are all great things...is it sad that I either smiled or laughed about them all as well. Griffin's argument definitely made me laugh. Gotta love kids! Love you loas

Anonymous said...

Your blog always makes me smile. I think you went into the wrong profession.:)
Love you loads and Seth laughed when he opened your card yesterday, but he said he wasn't a dork! :)
Love, Laurie

Doug said...

I'm not sure if I should laugh or send my DAUGHTER over to whoop ya... OK, I'll laugh. I love it when you smile and laugh! (A bonus is that it makes me feel better about harassing you!!)

Kyle: Tuesday, Date Night baby!!!

Liss and MOMMY said...

Hey Emily, I came over from Brooke's blog to say 'Hi'. I was kind of scared to leave a comment afraid you might send your people. But if I didn't send a comment you might send your people too.
Sounds like you and your husband are doing a great job, I always thought I would marry a youth minister. I guess we just had the youth and now are ministering to them.
Melissa
Ok I left this comment on another entry to later realize it was not on a current one.