Saturday, April 12, 2008

Clouds

Ok...Be warned...I may be reaching a little in this analogy.

The other day we were walking out of El Torero with the James' family. This is a pleasure we enjoy at least once a week. Kyle was carrying their youngest boy, Griffin, on his shoulders. When we got outside Kyle told him to reach up and touch the clouds. He replied with, "I can't. I would have to sit on God's shoulders to touch them."

I've really been thinking about how true that statement is. I know...a 4 year old has jacked up my brain.

We really can't live to our full potential and touch the clouds unless we are allowing God to carry us.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Actually. I think that is an excellent analogy. I'm impressed!!!!

Love ya,
Dad

bh said...

if i could pick a type of cloud to touch, it would be the cirrus...

Doug said...

I'm just surprised that Griffin thinks God is bigger than Kyle (or Vince).

Anonymous said...

That is really cool. You know what they always say... "out of the mouths of babes".
They tend to put lots of things in purspective for us.(Just not the little ankle biters that I have. They aren't smart enough to be clever. :)
Love ya,
Laurie

Andreia Rice said...

That gave me the chills.....how sweet!