Friday, April 18, 2008

Earthquake!!

So this is for the Texans....everyone here is probably tired of hearing it! :)

This morning I woke up to this funny feeling....our house was shaking and my insides felt like I was on an old wooden roller coaster. (like the Texas Giant!!) I thought to myself...it feels like an earthquake. So I looked at Kyle...then the dogs....not a flinch. It stopped as quickly as it started so I told myself I was an idiot...it must be thunder or something and went back to sleep.

About 7:00am Valinda called and told me we DID have an earthquake!!

I've always wondered what one would feel like. I'm glad I got to experience one! It was kind of cool! Of course I am very thankful it wasn't bad enough to do major damage or anything, and I for sure don't want anyone hurt.

As for the earthquake...it happened about 130 miles from St. Louis (on the Illinois/Indiana border) and recorded a magnitude of 5.2 at 4:36 this morning.

2 comments:

Doug said...

Sometimes the world shakes... Welcome to the Midwest!

Brooke said...

Apparently people felt it in Columbia, I didn't, but several said they did. Sorry I wasn't very amazed on the phone the other morning, I was clearly out of it when I answered. I'm sad I didn't get to experience the earthquake though :(