Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Emily Kay Blankenship



So I totally feel like I'm bragging when I talk about this...but I'm pretty proud so whatever.

Emily Kay Blankenship was born this morning!!! Don't have all the details of time, weight, etc...but I did get a great pic of her screaming her lungs out at about 6:45 this morning.

Background Knowledge: Emily's parents are Jason & Kristen Blankenship. Jason (Coach B) was my basketball coach my senior year and they became very good friends of ours. And I was shocked and honored when he called me in January to see if it was okay for them to name their future daughter Emily! They may be a little crazy.

Kyle's comment this AM..."Great...another Emily."
I think it's a great reason to visit Texas!!!

5 comments:

Brooke said...

Aww, how exciting. I know you feel priveledged to have a child named after you. I still wonder about them picking you to name their daughter after, but it could have been much worse...haha j/k. It's ok to brag at a time like this! Send me more pictures when you get them! Love you loads! (I might have to agree with Kyle...great, another Emily)

Anonymous said...

Awww, I can't think of a more appropriate name for that little sweetie!!

Kim

Liss and MOMMY said...

Just got home from meeting Miss Emily and she is so sweet. Maude got in the car and said "She was precious...Mom is that what we say about cute babies?" Maude got to hold her and thought she was sure special and wants to go back tomorrow to see her.
Send your dad over, I have found I can shut the door on the sunroom and don't hear a thing. All 3 of the boys love playing wii and rockband. Joshua is usually sweating tons by the end of play time.

Anonymous said...

I can see Emily Gail in that picture. She made that pose a bunch during her first year.

Love ya,
Dad

Anonymous said...

What an honor and I think you are a great girl to name your daughter after. I just hope we get to see you when you come to Texas to meet your name sake.
Love ya and miss ya!
Laurie