Monday, May 26, 2008

Mikey Marshall


My dad doesn't know it, but he is actually posting on my blog today! :) He recently sent me (along with several others) this email about one of this former basketball players, Mikey Marshall. I thought I would share it for the Texas panhandle people that might remember Mikey. (plus I'm proud of my dad since he was his HS coach and all)





Many of you as well as many others often ask what Mikey is doing or how he is doing. I am glad to report that from what I have found and heard, he had a great year in Japan.

The team he played on won their league championship this year. This was Mikey's first year with the team but it was their third straight year to win the championship. Evidently he was a big part of their success from the stats that follow.

He led the team in scoring, assist, steals and free throw attempts. He was second in rebounds, blocks, minutes, dunks, and 3 point %.

His averages:
19.5 pts.
9.2 rebounds
4.8 assist
2.1 steals
36.8 minutes (40 minute games)
35.2% on 3 pointers
48.7% on 2 pointers
77.7% on FT's
43 dunks in 44 games

I guess it can be said he is representing Tulia pretty well. But then we always knew he could. (Must be the great high school coaching he had.)

Oh by the way, my understanding is that he was also named the PLAYER OF THE YEAR IN JAPAN.


Other stuff about Mikey...he is married to a beautiful woman, Jill, and they have 2 children: a girl, Mecailin (1 year) and a boy, Camdon (1 month).

5 comments:

Brooke said...

Great post. Dad was just happy to get the stats off the website because it was one of the few things that is in English. Everything else is in Japanese. I told him Mikey got Player of the Year and he didn't believe me. He kept asking how I knew and everything. I told him it was on his MySpace page, but if Tak would have been at work I would have had him read the website and confirm it for me. Love you!

Anonymous said...

Nice blog!

Love ya,
Dad

Liss and MOMMY said...

Tag Meme, Check out my blog

Cool about Mikey, Cody really enjoyed reading all about him.

Anonymous said...

We love that Mikey Marshall and are so glad that he is doing so well. I know it's all because of that wonderful high school coach he had. He's a good one!
Love,
Laurie

Brooke said...

You've been tagged...yes I know Melissa already tagged you, but I figure you haven't done it yet and I don't have that many blogger friends! Check out my blog to understand!