Monday, June 2, 2008

Older and Uglier

So, it is officially June 2, but I have not gone to bed yet, so I am still counting it as June 1.

My grandpa is the coolest old guy I know. And today (June 1) he turned NINETY-FIVE. The title is in honor of his reply to me EVERY time I ask him how he is doing. (even though I disagree with him) If I could give him a magic pill to remove all his arthritis then he might come visit me...meanwhile, I cannot wait to go to Texas so I can visit him!! Here are a few pics we took last summer before moving to Illinois that give evidence of what an awesome man he STILL is at 95:





Side note: Kyle and I are headed with 21 students and 3 other leaders to the Lake of the Ozarks for youth camp tomorrow! Actually we are leaving today...in about 6.5 hours. We are crazy...I know. :)

3 comments:

Andreia Rice said...

How amazing!!!

Anonymous said...

I totally agree that "Awesome" is a good word for your PawPaw. I hope camp was also awesome. Aunt Wanda

Brooke said...

Are you going to post about camp??? You said if you would have taken the brick you could have posted daily...you've been back for a week and NOTHING so far. :) Love ya!