Thursday, June 12, 2008

Youth Camp

This post is quite belated....but between waiting on Kyle to get me camp pics and my stupid class I'm taking, it is finally here!!

We spent last week at Windermere Conference Center at the Lake of the Ozarks for StudentLife camp. It was beautiful and the kids had an awesome time!! A total of 21kids and 5 brave sponsers went. It was neat seeing the kids come together and join forces with one another and allow their lives to be changed. The speaker, David Nasser, and the band, Steve Fee Band, were awesome as well!



For me personally, it continued to stir up this desire to break free & live in the dream zone. It tapped into a different aspect of living in the dream zone that seems so simple, yet, I had not considered it.

It's about God being my everything. About losing myself for the glory of God. This has been so cliche for a long time in my life, but it's changing me in a way I can't describe. I'm being prompted to be generous and selfless in ways I've never imagined. I'm starting to deeply understand how loving God and loving people can really change the world. I'm really beginning to understand exactly what it looks like to give up my comfort to love God, love people, and change the world. It's not about what I want. In the past I've put a limit on these words to not push my comfort away too far. Now I'm understanding that God is calling me to rise above that. His glory is found in me losing myself to love others. My prayer is I wouldn't become content. I wouldn't lose sight of loving God and loving people in big ways.

2 comments:

Brooke said...

Yeah it's about time. I like the pictures. Camps are about to kill me. I am so worn out and then can't sleep at night. Sunday I don't have to start until like 6 I think, so that will give me a break

Indefy said...

I am glad I had an opportunity to go as well. It is always nice to break away from the busyness and just focus on God. It was cool to see what he did in the kids lives...and us old people too.