Friday, August 1, 2008

Texas

A few weeks ago I visited the great land of Texas. Brooke and I loaded up and made our 12 hour trip!! It was so good to see family, friends, Chicken Express, and Leal's. I didn't get near enough pictures...but I DID get these. And they are AWESOME!

My first stop in Texas was at my grandpa's in Breckenridge. I walked around the corner to find him putting on his newly bought shoes....haha! I was so amazed...and I made sure he knew he was the hippest 95 year old man I've ever met. He simply wanted lighter shoes than his boots...but he has no idea!





We also just happened to be visiting the week of Tulia's (my hometown) picnic and reunions. (basically town's anniversary) This summer was my 5th year reunion from HS!!! I know for some of you that seems like nothing...but HOLY COW I can't believe I've already been out 5 years. I felt so old seeing the kids that are in HS now. It also meant I got to hang out/go to our annual ranch rodeo with one of my very best friends, Elizabeth. She is one of those very special people I didn't spend enough time with when I lived there.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah....it was good to see you when you were in Texas! haha! just kidding!
love ya and i'm sorry it didn't work out for us!
jod

Paul said...

Chuck Taylors at 95! I think your grandpa knows EXACTLY how hip he is. The truly hip never let you know they know.

BTW: Thanks for NOT mentioning US in your account of coming to Texas. Even though you may want to block it from your memory, I still enjoyed getting to see you and your family.