Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Just a Parker Update

Here's a Parker update from the past couple of weeks:

1 - One of our very good family friends, Katie Chapman, came to visit us in St. Louis. She came up to check things out and ride home with Brooke for her spring break. We took her to the arch although our indecisiveness made us miss the last tram up! :) I know everyone here thinks it's no big deal...but it's a pretty cool thing for us peeps that aren't used to seeing it everyday!





2 - LifePoint has had 2 successful weeks now in the theater. We had a great crowd our first week in and set up and break down all went smoothly! There were no train wrecks so we were very thankful! The volunteers did an AWESOME job. We had tons of time left!! Week 2 was awesome too. I am amazed at how quickly they can get it all up and down...they make it look so easy! Our people rock!!! Here is a video I stole off of Bob's blog from this past week showing an overview of what the theater looks like for us:


a week @ the movies from bob robbins on Vimeo.

3 - My sister got a job at Amarillo River Road and I am super proud of her. I am expecting God to do some cool things in and through her in Amarillo! She is going to be an awesome HS math teacher! I'm also jealous at the fact I can't find an opening anywhere for middle school math up here...and she interviews one day and has a job the next! LUCKY!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with you. I'm excited for Brooke and I believe God has something very special for her back in Texas. This seems like the perfect job and it all worked out so smoothly, that it is meant to be. I'm praying you will get a math job also. It is all in God's timing. Love Aunt Wanda

Brooke said...

Thanks for the shout out....tell me what websites to check and I will help you find a math job. I am willing to help!!! Love you!