Monday, August 31, 2009

Big Announcement!!!

WOOHOO! Introducing my soon-to-be-sister-in-law:



My brother-in-law, Kevin, proposed to his girlfriend, Emily last night! YEAH!!! That's right...there is going to be another Emily Parker. So excited!!

Congrats you guys!


Also, I have become slightly obsessed with coupon & deal searching. Kyle & I have been on a grocery budget to help with LifePoint's Revolution campaign for awhile. But, I've recently been inspired by our friend/photographer, Lissa Anglin, to look for good deals.

I got all this + an 8 pack of individual wrapped Reeses (that I left at school) for $1.56 today at K-Mart. (well actually for $6.56, but I had a $5 coupon that printed after going yesterday)

The mascara, Reeses, and bowl cleaner were all FREE. (they are having double coupons)

Yesterday at KMart I got all this for $33. (was supposed to be $28 but I had a slightly less than brilliant cashier that didn't know how to use my $5off$50 coupon...but I did get a $5 & $3Q for next purchase!) It may seem like I still spent a lot, but look at the items that were purchased!



Earlier in the week I got this for $20 at WalGreens...plus I got $7 back in register rewards. ($5 on a gift card thanks to my less than brilliant cashier...I had to get the manager to get 5 of my $ back :))


The two previous weeks I've got this in my $40 budget.

This one included a $10 Kellogg rebate & the Snapple & 1 DP were free. (my total went from $64 to $27 at Shop-n-Save that day!)


I got a $10 off immediately at S&S (for spending $50), I got a $20 rebate from Kraft, and a $5 off my next purchase coupon as well! Plus with $5 meat deals, I basically got about 10 lbs of meat for $15.

I'm having to be creative with some of my purchases to eat healthier & stay within WW points..but it's working!
I'm learning that shopping at WalMart really isn't always cheaper!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great news about Kevin and Emily---do they know when they will get married? I'm fasicinated with your grocery purchases---how in the world do you find all the coupons, etc.? Love Aunt Wanda

Lissa Anglin said...

Yay Emily! I am sooo impressed- I still haven't tried out Kmart. You are doing a fabulous job! It's encouraging to know I'm not the only one obsessing over this stuff...but when you can get it cheaper, why not?!?

Congrats to the other Emily too!

Brooke said...

Seriously...how long did it take you to arrange all those things to take pictures. I think you need to come follow me around for a day. I'm just happy to get at least 6 hours of sleep. Find me some good coupons!

Congrats to Kev & Emily!

Unknown said...

I was thinking the big announcement was that you are prego! Dang...how sad!