Thursday, May 6, 2010

Parker Happenings

Now that I think about it - quite a bit has gone on in the past couple of months!

- I visited Indianapolis for the first time for a conference and loved it - such a neat place! Peyton & I were going to go out for dinner but he was out of town during my visit...oh well, there's always next time. Anyway, I definitely want to go back & see all the sites & watch a Colts game. (I was by myself so didn't do much)

- Driven Youth had their first annual Freedom Weekend. (Disciple Now) It went really well! Kyle did an AWESOME job planning and organizing everything. We had Runks (from Levelland, TX) come speak and he did an amazing job as well. He's hilarious and always has a powerful message. For me personally, his messages have been a tool in some major turning points in my own life.


A few of the derby car teams:




- Mike, Valinda, Kevin, Emily, and my parents all flew up in March for the Midwest Regional. We love, love, love having visitors (especially family!) and had a great time! Adding the Sweet 16 and Elite 8 was a special bonus! We are so lucky to have such great families!


Magic!!


- I mentioned in a blog about 2 years ago (click here) about one of my good friends from HS, Caleb Campbell, being draftd in the NFL. The army changed their policy the day after he arrived at spring training camp & had him return. Well 2 years later, he has served his time & officially signed a contract with the Detroit Lions once again. You can follow him on twitter: LTCampbellLions I am super proud of his perseverance and accomplishments!

Check out who he's stretching with!

(for you non-football fans, that's Ndamukong Suh from Nebraska - the 2nd overall pick this year)


- I am seeing the goodness of God's plan in my job more now than ever. I just about thought the world had ended when I found out I couldn't get my IL stuff in time to teach math my 2nd year. Then, I got a PE job at the same school and felt better...til I started & my students were INSANE...and I was clear across campus (we have a big middle school) from everyone I knew. I cried just about every night for 2 weeks before school started this year...freakin out about having to teach PE and not understanding why a job in another district hadn't opened up. Now, I am thankful I stayed put. My classes have been much better. I love knowing so many more kids & therefore can enjoy sporting events. I've gotten to know some great teachers & administrators. And I've become so attached to many of my 8th graders that I've had for 2 years. I feel like I fit now. Most importantly, being 3 years in Alton saved me from getting cut and if I would've moved anywhere else I would be jobless right now. Praise God!

Last Friday was our 8th grade dance. I know none of you really care, but these kids feel like my own...so I'm going to post pictures & show them off. :)

Teacher friends:

Love these boys: (and worried like heck who is goin to take care of them/keep them out of trouble next year!)

I want my daughter to be just like this girl: LOVE HER!!!

The say she looks like she could be my kid...maybe it's b/c she is always at my side!


I want to take the 2 boys beside me home! (below..NOT above! haha)




- And last but not least...I'm pretty sure I bought too many flowers this year with my yard sale money. Check back in a month and I might be the house known as "flower power!" Ok. That's it.

2 comments:

Brooke said...

Your outfit is AMAZING!!!! Where did you get it??? I need a dress for graduation. Love the pics of the kids. I know the feeling of losing your boys. I don't know what I am going to do without my senior boys next year....I'm just trying not to think about it too much. Love you!

Unknown said...

(martha talking) HAHAHA! I got that same dress in February and have been saving it for all of our weddings coming up! I guess we have good taste! Are we going to be at the same weddings? We better coordinate...I am sure mine is several sizes bigger!